Researches and develops software applications for embedded devices related to portable communication products including conceptual design, detail design and coding, qualification testing and documentation. Most devices are RF technology.
- Derives software development and test requirements from given system level requirements.
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within performance, time and cost constraints.
- Develops software programming, testing procedure and documentation.
- Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational requirements of overall system.
- Keeps up with current technology in field through reading, self-study and seminars
- Disciplined understanding and experience with SW development techniques, testing, and documentation.
- B.S. in Software engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer HW Systems.
- 5 Software coding.
- Proficiency in C/C++ is necessary.
- 5 plus years of experience in embedded software development, Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
- Experience in Aviation Systems (DO-178c) or highly regulated environments helpful.
- Experience in Test driven Development is preferred.