Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer. Candidate will partner with architecture, security, governance, and application teams to cost efficiently and securely manage the migration of existing applications to the cloud, and to build out new cloud native applications.
- Design, implement, and engineer complex, efficient and secure solutions in AWS and/or Azure, leveraging standards, Perform requirements analysis, interface with stakeholders of various levels, and document solutions.
- Partner with internal customers to migrate on premise infrastructure and applications to the cloud, and to deploy new cloud native applications.
- Serve as the Cloud CoE liaison to AppDev organizations, sharing best practices, educating AppDev OAs on Cloud capabilities and best practices.
- Work closely with AppDev and ICTO teams to identify candidate applications for cloud migration.
- Develop standards, practices, tools and automation to migrate applications to the cloud efficiently and securely.
- Assist in the creation of cloud migration business cases.
- Recommend and assist with pre and post migration application optimization to reduce costs and increase performance.
- Provide training and guidance on all things Cloud, with the goal of accelerating adoption of Cloud services in a safe and secure manner.
- 3+ years of experience with AWS, Experience with Azure or GCP a strong plus
- 8+ years of experience working in a DevOps, app development, sys ops, or related IT field Experience working with a variety of Legacy applications and platforms
- Hands-on technical experience designing and/or deploying cloud solutions using Amazon (preferred) Microsoft, IBM and/or Google cloud platforms.
- Hands-on development and Scripting skills,
- Solid analytical skills to identify problem areas and opportunities for remediation and the ability to learn new skills and concepts quickly.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form to C level executives and front line developers/admins,
- Ability to operate in and navigate through a large organization
- Self-motivated, with the ability to operate independently, deal with ambiguity and drive projects to completion.
Associated topics: .net, application developer, architecture, c, design, develop, java, perl, senior software developer, software engineer lead